keeping the TB open as much as possible

Robin Paulson-2

hi all,
we've talked about making sure the tangle ball is open as often as
possible

is anyone willing to commit to a time and day when they can guarantee they
will always be there - at least for the next few weeks until we get more
members?

while we are setting up, i think this will be useful, so casual visitors
won't be turned away

i am happy to take one day, say friday from 6pm to 8pm.

--
robin

http://creativespace.org.nz/
http://bumblepuppy.org/blog/

Re: keeping the TB open as much as possible

Calvin Rainey
On 11/11/2010 3:51 p.m., Robin Paulson wrote:

> hi all,
> we've talked about making sure the tangle ball is open as often as
> possible
>
> is anyone willing to commit to a time and day when they can guarantee they
> will always be there - at least for the next few weeks until we get more
> members?
>
> while we are setting up, i think this will be useful, so casual visitors
> won't be turned away
>
> i am happy to take one day, say friday from 6pm to 8pm.

I can do Mon  evenings, depending what meetings get held after school
will dictate the start time for me. could be as early as 4:30pm till I
fall asleep, i will take my homework. And some Tuesdays same issues with
meetings. Sundays I can do with more freedom,
Cal..

Re: keeping the TB open as much as possible

Jason Mitcheson
Hi,

If there is space set up to work, then I can be there during the day time. I'm currently a contractor (web dev) working in my client's office just up the road on Pitt St... they get very noisy there though, so I wouldn't mind hanging out at TangleBall for a day or several if it would help out.

FYI I haven't been to any of the meetings but have been lurking on the mailing list :) /wave

-Jason

Re: keeping the TB open as much as possible

Cheng Eu Chew
Yes, space can be setup for computer/office use/work. There are tables
and chairs for that and a room which suits that stuff quite well.

Cheng Eu Chew
Email : [hidden email]
Mobile : +64 21 810098

On 12 November 2010 10:24, Jason Mitcheson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If there is space set up to work, then I can be there during the day time.
> I'm currently a contractor (web dev) working in my client's office just up
> the road on Pitt St... they get very noisy there though, so I wouldn't mind
> hanging out at TangleBall for a day or several if it would help out.
>
> FYI I haven't been to any of the meetings but have been lurking on the
> mailing list :) /wave
>
> -Jason

Re: keeping the TB open as much as possible

Jason Mitcheson
Hi,

Great.. well I'll pop along to the next meeting on Tuesday and say hello.

-Jason

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Cheng Eu Chew <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, space can be setup for computer/office use/work. There are tables
and chairs for that and a room which suits that stuff quite well.

Cheng Eu Chew
Email : [hidden email]
Mobile : +64 21 810098

On 12 November 2010 10:24, Jason Mitcheson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If there is space set up to work, then I can be there during the day time.
> I'm currently a contractor (web dev) working in my client's office just up
> the road on Pitt St... they get very noisy there though, so I wouldn't mind
> hanging out at TangleBall for a day or several if it would help out.
>
> FYI I haven't been to any of the meetings but have been lurking on the
> mailing list :) /wave
>
> -Jason

Re: keeping the TB open as much as possible

Nevyn
Administrator
On 12 November 2010 10:29, Jason Mitcheson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> Great.. well I'll pop along to the next meeting on Tuesday and say hello.
> -Jason

Quick question about internet access.. is Tangleball going to have it?
If it does, I'd be avaliable to sit there and do some work if people
want to drop in (despite not being a registered member). I'm not
entirely sure which days I could do (The Manaiakalani project starts
it's pilot programme next week so I'm probably going to be quite
busy).

Regards,
Nevyn
http://nevsramblings.blogspot.com/

Re: keeping the TB open as much as possible

Cheng Eu Chew
I believe we have internet access setup already.

Cheng Eu Chew
Email : [hidden email]
Mobile : +64 21 810098

On 12 November 2010 10:35, Nevyn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 12 November 2010 10:29, Jason Mitcheson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Great.. well I'll pop along to the next meeting on Tuesday and say hello.
>> -Jason
>
> Quick question about internet access.. is Tangleball going to have it?
> If it does, I'd be avaliable to sit there and do some work if people
> want to drop in (despite not being a registered member). I'm not
> entirely sure which days I could do (The Manaiakalani project starts
> it's pilot programme next week so I'm probably going to be quite
> busy).
>
> Regards,
> Nevyn
> http://nevsramblings.blogspot.com/

Re: keeping the TB open as much as possible

Neftaly
Yep, WiFi's all set up (the SSID is Tangleball and the key is written on a piece of paper taped to the interior office window).

I would like to see TB guaranteed open every day during the week leading up to the opening party, and for that week can commit to wherever needed from 10.30am - 9pm (barring Fri and Sat).

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Cheng Eu Chew <[hidden email]> wrote:
I believe we have internet access setup already.

Cheng Eu Chew
Email : [hidden email]
Mobile : +64 21 810098

On 12 November 2010 10:35, Nevyn <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 12 November 2010 10:29, Jason Mitcheson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Great.. well I'll pop along to the next meeting on Tuesday and say hello.
>> -Jason
>
> Quick question about internet access.. is Tangleball going to have it?
> If it does, I'd be avaliable to sit there and do some work if people
> want to drop in (despite not being a registered member). I'm not
> entirely sure which days I could do (The Manaiakalani project starts
> it's pilot programme next week so I'm probably going to be quite
> busy).
>
> Regards,
> Nevyn
> http://nevsramblings.blogspot.com/

Re: keeping the TB open as much as possible

Nevyn
Administrator
In that case, I can't promise Tuesday but I'll pencil it in. Is anyone
going to be there in the morning? I don't have a key and haven't
actually seen the place yet (perhaps I can try and pop in on Sunday).

Regards,
Nevyn.

On 12 November 2010 15:27, Neftaly Hernandez
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yep, WiFi's all set up (the SSID is Tangleball and the key is written on a
> piece of paper taped to the interior office window).
>
> I would like to see TB guaranteed open every day during the week leading up
> to the opening party, and for that week can commit to wherever needed from
> 10.30am - 9pm (barring Fri and Sat).
>
> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Cheng Eu Chew <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I believe we have internet access setup already.
>>
>> Cheng Eu Chew
>> Email : [hidden email]
>> Mobile : +64 21 810098

>> > Quick question about internet access.. is Tangleball going to have it?
>> > If it does, I'd be avaliable to sit there and do some work if people
>> > want to drop in (despite not being a registered member). I'm not
>> > entirely sure which days I could do (The Manaiakalani project starts
>> > it's pilot programme next week so I'm probably going to be quite
>> > busy).
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Nevyn
>> > http://nevsramblings.blogspot.com/

Nevyn
http://nevsramblings.blogspot.com/

Re: keeping the TB open as much as possible

Robin Paulson-2

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:27:38 +1300, Neftaly Hernandez
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I would like to see TB guaranteed open every day during the week leading
up
> to the opening party, and for that week can commit to wherever needed
from
> 10.30am - 9pm (barring Fri and Sat).

personally i'd like to see it open as much as possible until from now
until then. is anyone else able to make time in the intervening weeks? at
the moment it's tuesday and fridaye evenings only

anyone?

ed, what were the times you claimed?

--
robin

http://tangleball.co.nz/

On 18 November 2010 09:56, Robin Paulson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> personally i'd like to see it open as much as possible until from now
> until then. is anyone else able to make time in the intervening weeks? at
> the moment it's tuesday and fridaye evenings only
>
> anyone?
>
> ed, what were the times you claimed?
>
> --
> robin

Hi,

Sorry - I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to be needed here as
we've had a few biggish problems come out of the pilot programme at Pt
England school. I'll be able to take a few days (during the day - I
don't really fancy doing evenings) once I've got them cleared up.
Friday evenings have become ginger beer night for me :) Though I'm
thinking we should probably do a batch at Tangleball as well.

Ed

Re: keeping the TB open as much as possible

Ed

>ed, what were the times you claimed?

I am wednesday 3pm to 6pm+
Typically there all night, at least I have been so far.

Ed

On 18/11/2010 10:05 a.m., Nevyn wrote:

> On 18 November 2010 09:56, Robin Paulson<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>
>> personally i'd like to see it open as much as possible until from now
>> until then. is anyone else able to make time in the intervening weeks? at
>> the moment it's tuesday and fridaye evenings only
>>
>> anyone?
>>
>> ed, what were the times you claimed?
>>
>> --
>> robin
> Hi,
>
> Sorry - I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to be needed here as
> we've had a few biggish problems come out of the pilot programme at Pt
> England school. I'll be able to take a few days (during the day - I
> don't really fancy doing evenings) once I've got them cleared up.
> Friday evenings have become ginger beer night for me :) Though I'm
> thinking we should probably do a batch at Tangleball as well.
>
> Regards,
> Nevyn
> http://nevsramblings.blogspot.com/

Hi, I can do Monday evenings, 4:30 or 5:30 onwards [till I start snoring],
I will bring my homework [I'll need a corner to work on some paper
work]., and some later start times other days.
Dependant on Crickety things
How do I go about getting a key??

Cheers Cal.

Re: keeping the TB open as much as possible

Jaco - Workshop Enterprises Ltd.

> personally i'd like to see it open as much as possible until from now
> until then. is anyone else able to make time in the intervening weeks?
Would it be possible to have a roster of prospective open times (as well
as the relevant contacts) up, either on the wiki, or as a Drupal
event/calendar/schedule module on the site?

- J

Re: keeping the TB open as much as possible

Robin Paulson-2

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 12:07:38 +1300, Jaco - WorkShop Enterprises
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Would it be possible to have a roster of prospective open times (as well

> as the relevant contacts) up, either on the wiki, or as a Drupal
> event/calendar/schedule module on the site?

we're way ahead of you. well, a couple of days anyway

http://tangleball.co.nz/?q=node/14

--
robin

http://tangleball.co.nz/
http://bumblepuppy.org/blog/

Re: keeping the TB open as much as possible

Jaco - Workshop Enterprises Ltd.

>> Would it be possible to have a roster of prospective open times (as well
>> as the relevant contacts) up, either on the wiki, or as a Drupal
>> event/calendar/schedule module on the site?
> we're way ahead of you. well, a couple of days anyway
>
> http://tangleball.co.nz/?q=node/14

I saw that, thanks, but is that not simply just a static content page?
There is also not an indication of who will be present, for what period
or contact numbers.

This is only a wishlist item at this stage, and not critical

- Jaco